Position: IT Systems administrator
Based in: Brussels
In 1935, the main Belgian insurance companies created Aviabel as an independent limited company, specialized in aviation insurance. Since then, Aviabel has grown substantially to become a well-established and respected worldwide market player.
Located in the heart of Europe with offices in Brussels and Amsterdam, Aviabel offers highly professional answers for a world in motion. Fully dedicated to all lines of aerospace and related risks, Aviabel has developed a large general aviation book of business, and is committed to providing specific and tailor-made cover for aerospace clients who include aircraft operators, airlines, pilots, aviation industry manufacturers and airport operators.
Aviabel's financial strength enables it to provide first-class security to clients throughout the aerospace industry, by means of direct insurance, coinsurance and reinsurance.
Staffed by a team of aviation insurance and reinsurance experts, Aviabel's priority is to offer proficient quality service and to immediately fulfil customer and producer expectations.
Aviabel's IT department consists of an IT Manager and an IT Support staff member, who provide ICT assistance to a team of around 40 staff members (both in Brussels and Amsterdam).
To complement the current IT team, we are looking for an IT Systems Administrator.
Create, install, maintain and support the Aviabel ICT environment which is mostly Microsoft-based. This consists of the following major tasks:
- desktop maintenance
- network maintenance/security
- maintenance VOIP
- maintenance information services
- coordination of projects
- perform analysis
- development of new applications
- purchase and implementation of hard- and software
- manage and provide service for the ICT-architecture and data
- Business Intelligence:
- provide and supply the necessary tools and resources for delivering the correct information at the right time to the right person
- Maintain/develop the different information systems and the interaction between these systems: insurance activities database (system developed in-house), enterprise content management, B2B
Identifying problems and taking adequate steps to remedy these and prevent future issues is one of the major components of the role.
Reports to: Chief Risk & Finance Officer, Compliance Officer
Dotted line reporting: IT Manager
Other key relationships: Aviabel staff in Brussels and Amsterdam
- Education: IT training relevant to Aviabel's current systems
- Career level: minimum 5 years of functional experience
The ability to independently work on projects, under the supervision of a manager, is required
- Languages: Fluent – oral / written – in Dutch, French and English
- Knowledge of General Accounting and Insurance Technical Accounting is required. Additional knowledge of insurance underwriting or reinsurance is an asset.
Other personal characteristics
- Strong attention to detail
- Results oriented
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Enjoys working in a team
- Able to manage peaks of activity in a challenging IT environment
- Enjoys a multi-cultural environment
Interested in joining our diverse and international team, located in pleasant, modern offices and with a complete and competitive remuneration package? We look forward to receiving your application by email at email@example.com or by mail at Aviabel, Attn: Kathy Farmery, Louizalaan 54, avenue Louise, 1050 Brussels, Belgium.